Sign up to our newsletter and stay up to date
with everything BeaconsfieldTown FC

Sign up to our newsletter

To find out about how we process your data, please read our privacy policy.


Rams grab last gasp equaliser to force a replay

Saturday 3rd September 2022


Emirates FA Cup - First Qualifying Round


Saturday 3rd September 2022


Walton and Hersham FC v Beaconsfield Town FC 


At Elmbridge Excel Sports Hub - Crowd - 


Ram of The Match Nathan Minhas


History repeated itself in the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday as Beaconsfield Town travelled to Surrey to rejoin battle with Walton and Hersham the Isthmian league opponents who they eliminated here in a replay at this stage last year. Since then much has changed. Walton have enjoyed their second consecutive promotion and are currently riding high in the Isthmian league South Central Division.

In the end History was also repeated in the 2-2 result with the away team on this occasion the Rams coming from behind in the final moments to force a replay.

Make no mistake Beaconsfield were fortunate here. 

After a first half where the visitors barely laid a glove on their hosts The Rams could count themselves lucky to be only one down at the break.

The Homeside whilst dominating possession and territory failed to show the clinical edge which could have ended this game as a contest.

It took 36 minutes for The Swans to take the lead after Ravan Constable was unlucky to see his good low save to keep out Jordan Adeyem’s cross shot fall perfectly for John Gilbert to fire home. 

The Rams weren’t without threat, Toby little saw a cushioned volley drop just over the bar with Liam Allen struggling and Adam Martin latching on to a Nathan Minhas nod back saw his close range effort flash wide of the post when it seemed the midfielder was favourite to score.


The Rams though were a shadow of their recent selves, second best across the board, careless in possession and setting an increasingly disconsolate as the half wore on. 

At the break The Rams faithful had to hope that the visitors would improve, mostly on the basis that they couldn’t be any worse.


Half Time 1-0 


Gary Meakin introduced Shaun McAuley and Dan Bradshaw at the break and three minutes into the half Sam Togwell replaced Toby little who limped off. 

The changes were immediately evident in the Rams performance they were on the front foot and pressing more effectively. 


Their positive start to the half was rewarded with the equaliser when Nathan Minhas reacted to indecision in the home defence to head a high cross over two statuesque defenders and Allen at the far post. 

The Rams could sense blood in the water and poured forward but it didn’t last long as The Referee intervened to hand the advantage back to Walton. 

Dan Bradshaw combined with Aaron Minhas and set off in support but was body checked off the ball as Minhas advance d to be crowded out as he tried to get his shot away. Bradshaw instanced by the lack of s Freekick rand ran to the ref to remonstrate. There was contact no doubt hard to believe Bradshaw who is one of the nicest men in the world would deliberately initiate it but that was The refs view and he couldn’t flourish a red card quick enough. 


The home side re-asserted their control but with less comfort now as Beaconsfield were now carrying more of a threat and despite being a man down, galvanised by what they saw as the injustice of the Red card, set about their task with application and no shortage of ring craft. 


They kept their hosts at bay until the 75th minute when Jordan Adeyemi  scored the goal to cap his fine individual performance bursting into the area to drive a low shot which spun in off Constable. 

Beaconsfield continued battle away as Walton ran the clock as much as they could with substitutions and game management. 

The home side created opportunities to put the tie to bed but failed to trouble Constable and as the game approached 90 minutes the wheel turned again as Alex Kelly was shown a straight Red for kicking out to Aaron Minhas after hauling him to the floor in an ugly challenge. 


Beaconsfield pressed until deep in injury time emergency striker Luke Neville headed back another deep cross and Aaron Minhas fired home for eight yards before collapsing with cramp before even celebrating. 



So that was that and they will have to do it all again on Monday evening at Holloways Park.      


Beaconsfield Town: Ravan Constable, Sean Frazer Dan Bradshaw[46], Olly Sprague, Luke Neville, Mark Nisbet,  Adam Martin [Sub Shaun McCauley 46], Toby Little [Sub Sam Togwell 48] , Nathan Minhas, Aaron Minhas, Sub Kyel Reid ,

Subs Not Used: Liam McDevitt, Mike Neish, Olly McCoy


Walton and Hersham  Team: Liam Allen, Devon Tanton , Dominic Ogun,Alex Kelly,  Charlie Nicholas, Joe Hicks ©,  Taurean Roberts , Arsen Ujkaj, Max Blackmore, John Gilbert, Jordan Adeyemi .

Subs: Eddie Simon, Reece Brewster, Jude Molloy, Flynn Bolton, Joe Pratley-Jones , Olly Twum


There are no tags on this post.

Follow Beaconsfield Town FC