Sign up to our newsletter and stay up to date
with everything BeaconsfieldTown FC

Sign up to our newsletter

To find out about how we process your data, please read our privacy policy.




SYCOB eventually ran out comfortable winners against a leg weary Hayes side who were playing their fourth fixture in a week. Certainly the early stages were dominated by The Brook who created chances in the third and seventh minute which were squandered by the usually dependable Tony Mendy and those misses would prove costly as the game went on.

As has been the case all season, SYCOB slowly found their feet as the game wore on and their first serious effort came on 22 minutes when the ball was won on the half way line and was quickly passed onto Tom O' Regan whose first time effort whizzed over the Hayes crossbar. This was followed by a clever bit of build up play, again involving O' Regan who fed Nathan Webb whose snap shot went just inches wide of the Hayes goal. Hayes weathered the pressure and created a couple of decent chances for themselves but were not finding the final finish easy to come by. At the half time whistle it was The Rams who were the happier side going in 0-0.

The second half started in a similar style as the first half with Beaconsfield losing possession with misplaced passes putting themselves under pressure. It was, therefore, no surprise when, on 52 minutes, SYCOB made a double substitution with Zac Jospeh and Jon-Jo Bates replacing Shaun Owens and Kofi Lockhart-Adams. This seemed to spark life into The Rams and six minutes later the ball was played down the wing to Joseph who's first time cross caught out a hapless James Walters who unfortunately could only direct his clearance into his own net.

To their credit Hayes upped their game and on 61 minutes had a goal bound shot tipped over by James Reading to keep The Rams lead intact. However, with Hayes exerting more pressure it wasn't long before they got their just deserves and on 63 minutes, after SYCOB had given the ball away cheaply, Jake Cass found Tashan Jordan who calmly finished off the move.

This was followed by the games major talking point when a Hayes player was tackled fairly but fell awkwardly and with the Hayes players thinking the ball would be kicked out of play and thus sitting back, SYCOB played on with Zak Joseph crossing for Jon-Jo Bates who slotted the ball home at the second attempt after a good save by the Hayes keeper.

With tempers rising there followed a few heavy challenges which went unpunished until, on 79 minutes, Jake Cass committed a foul deemed serious by referee Graham Kinnear who had no option but to show a straight red card. This seemed to knock the stuffing out of Hayes and they began to tire. On 84 minutes, Man Of The Match Nathan Webb nicked the ball away from Chas Crane and cooly slotted the ball past the advancing keeper.

SYCOB rubbed salt into Hayes wounds on 88 minutes when from a corner kick the ever impressive Brad Hewitt rose above everyone to head in Beaconsfield's fourth of the day and in the process, extending the wining streak to four games.


1. James Reading
2. Nathan Webb
3. Ryan Phillips
4. Brad Hewitt (Captain)
5. Reece Yorke
6. Lee Grant
7. Jordan Ajanlekoko
8. John Christian
9. Kofi Lockhart-Adams (Sub: Jon-Jo Bates)
10. Shaun Owens (Sub: Zak Joseph)
11. Tom O' Regan

Substitutes Not used:
12. Tom McGarry

Attendance: 65
Man Of The Match: Nathan Webb

Report by Karl McKenzie

There are no tags on this post.

Beaconsfield Town FC TV

Follow Beaconsfield Town FC