Sign up to our newsletter and stay up to date
with everything BeaconsfieldTown FC

Sign up to our newsletter

To find out about how we process your data, please read our privacy policy.


Fluent Rams take revenge on Harrow Borough

Beaconsfield Town 4 - 1 Harrow Borough

Rams Man of the Match - Charlie Losasso

Beaconsfield left Earlsmead Stadium on the 18th December with a genuine sense of grievance after going down to Dylan Kearney’s controversial injury time winner after creating enough clear chances to win the game in comfort. They were in no mood to be as generous now that the Christmas season is well beyond us.

Keen to build on the encouraging second half performance in their narrow mid-week defeat at league leaders Taunton the home side started brightly. That said it was the visitors, with Kearney leading the line in his customary belligerent style and Michael Bryan at the creative heart of everything good that Boro did, who threatened first

Right back Nathaniel Oseni robbed Bajram Pashaj who dwelt in possession and played Bryan in down the right. He drove to the byline and stood up a cross which was met in the centre of the goal by Anthony O’Connor who sent in a looping header goalwards which Ravan Constable was happy to tip over the bar. The resulting corner was easily dealt with but The Rams were soon under pressure again when Kearney was adjudged to have been pulled back 20 yards out by Luke Neville. Bryans resulting free kick was woeful flying harmlessly high and wide of Constables goal.

The opening goal when it came was a well-constructed move with one and two touch passing cutting open the Boro defence. Mayowan Balogun and Bajram Pashaj combined to escape and press on the left wing and played in Dan Brown who drove over halfway and fed the overlapping Balogun whose first time pass inside the full back fell into the path of Charlie Losasso who advanced on Hafed Al-Droubi’s goal and seemed certain to score his second in four days. As the keeper advanced Losasso played the ball square across the six-yard box for Marvin Morgan to stroke home a straight forward finish.

Boro continued to press but chances were at a premium as the midfield battle developed and Wes Daly and Dan Brown began to assert themselves in the centre. The visitors remained strong on the flanks particularly their right wing where Bryan and Oseni were giving Pashaj and Balogun plenty to think about.

On 35 minutes the visitors were level and Oseni was involved - this time his clearance found Lewis Cole down the left he skinned Omar Vassell and drove in a whipped cross toward the advancing Kearney and Anthony O’Connor but Luke Neville beat the strikers to the ball but could only divert his attempted clearance to flash past the helpless Ravan Constable and into his own net.

The homeside responded well pressing Boro back and forced consecutive corners -  the second worked short between Losasso, Louis Stead and Bajram Pashaj resulted in Pashaj drawing a foul 25 yards out to the right of centre. Charlie Losasso finessed the free kick over the wall and the late dip had Al-Droubi scrambling to cover as the effort flew over and grazed the roof of the net.

Beaconsfield re-established their lead three minutes before the break. Louis Stead played in Marvin Morgan whose shot was blocked but fell to Charlie Losasso who was challenged by Al-Droubi who elected to tackle Losasso but his effective challenge ran to

Bajram Pashaj Two yards out and he tapped into the unguarded net.

There was still time for The Rams to present Boro with an opportunity for parity at the break. Beaconsfield’s unluckiest man, Luke Neville, drove a clearance into the back of Reece Yorke and it fell to Jordan Ireland 18 yards out. Faced by the imposing frame of the advancing Ravan Constable. He attempted to drive a dipping effort over the big keeper but Constable filled the space and was able to parry and gather the effort.

Half time 2-1

The Rams started brightly in the second half and almost extended their lead twice before Boro had got going again. Bajram Pashaj won a corner on the left and Charlie Losasso’s kick reached Reece Yorke on the edge of the area. His well directed header beat  Al-Droubi but was headed off the line by Ryan Haugh. Moments later Marvin Morgan beat the offside trap and elected to take it round the keeper,  advanced into the area where Al-Droubi spread himself well and pushed the ball away.

Harrow almost punished the home team who briefly and unaccountably switched off and invited pressure with a period of poorly placed passes and worse decision making. Epitomised by Omar Vassell’s throw to Constable whose poorly placed clearance surrendered possession and had Beaconsfield turned and on the back foot. Kearney and Mark McLeod combined to play in Michael Bryan on the right edge of the box and he fired in a vicious left foot effort which crashed in to the angle of post and bar with Constable rooted to the spot.

A let off but as it turned out the last serious threat the visitors posed.

On 63 minutes Bajram Pashaj wasn’t so much fouled as mugged on the left. Charlie Losasso stepped up and curled a deliciously inviting ball towards the far post. Reece Yorke was not to be denied this time beating Al-Droubi to the punch six yards out and ramming his header home. The keeper may feel he should have done better but the quality of the delivery from Losasso was top drawer.

Harrow did not buckle but they were now looking increasingly ragged and the previous fluency on the flanks now lacked the incision of the first half and Luke Neville and Reece Yorke were at their imperious best shackling Kearney and reducing him to a peripheral figure. Anthony O’Connor was anonymous all afternoon and it was no surprise when he made way for Frank Keita.

Gary Meakin gave a run out to debutant Connor Hunte - on loan from Billericay -  and the brief cameo performance suggests his pace, close control and direct running could add spice to The Rams attack for the rest of the season.

On 80 minutes Marvin Morgan added his second and put the game beyond reach converting at the far post when Al-Droubi and Mitchell Gough conspired to make a complete horlicks of a Losasso corner. The ball struck Morgan on the face and rebounded into the ground - he followed in and forced it home off a combination of thigh knee chest and right boot.

On a hat-trick Morgan made way for Jon-Jo Bates who immediately set about tormenting the Harrow Borough back line. In his 10 minutes he created two presentable opportunities which had Gough and Ryan Haugh scrambling to defend and on the final whistle he dropped his shoulder beat two players on the edge of the box and drew a sprawling blocking save from Al-Droubi.

From running on the bare bones in recent weeks The Rams now have some interesting and enticing attacking possibilities developing.  

                   Beaconsfield Town


1.    Ravan Constable

2.    Omar Vassell

3.    Mayowa Balogun

4.    Reece Yorke

5.    Luke Neville

6.    Wes Daly ©

7.    Louis Stead (Sub 15.Connor Hunte 66)

8.    Dan Brown

9.    Marvin Morgan (Sub 16: Jon-Jo Bates 83)

10.  Bajram Pashaj 

11.  Charlie Losasso


Subs Not Used:

12. Callum Webb

14:  Jordan Ajanlekoko

17.  Brendan Matthew



Manager: Gary Meakin

                             Harrow Borough


1.  Hafed Al-Droubi

2.  Nathaniel Oseni

3.  Ryan Haugh

4.  Mitchell Gough

5.  George Fenton (Sub 15. Andre Odetola 61)

6.  Jordan Ireland

7.   Dylan Kearney  

8.  Mark McLeod ©  

9.  Anthony O’Connor (Sub 14.Frank Keita 73)

10. Michael Bryan

11. Lewis Cole


Subs Not Used:

12. Maxwell Holland

13. Lee Pearce

16. George Moore



Manager: Steve Baker

Ref: Mr Michael Begley

Assistants: Mr Richard Morris and Mr Samuel Gregory

Att: 145

There are no tags on this post.

Follow Beaconsfield Town FC