Sign up to our newsletter and stay up to date
with everything BeaconsfieldTown FC

Sign up to our newsletter

To find out about how we process your data, please read our privacy policy.





For the second successive home game Beaconsfield SYCOB took the lead only to be pegged back and eventually left empty handed at the final whistle. Such is life in what is probably the most competitive Southern Central Division in years.

Apart from a Lee Togwell corner hitting the post in the first minute most of the early pressure came from visitors Egham Town with ex-SYCOB starlet Calvin Thomas very much at the heart of most things. In the ninth minute he set up Reis Stanislaus to bring out a good save from Sam Bunting and he generally sparked concern amongst the Rams faithful every time he got the ball.

For The Rams the first chance came on 35 minutes when a good run and cross from Jordan Chandler eluded a connecting SYCOB boot whilst Charlie Hill saw a free kick whistle just wide five minutes later. However, on 43 minutes, a cross into the Egham area caused chaos amongst the visitors defence and seemed to loop off the head of keeper Gary Aulesberry and into the net but the goal was awarded to Lee Thompson who seemingly also got something on it to chalk up his first strike for The Rams.

The second period saw the Egham Sarnies go flat out for an equaliser and it duly arrived on 53 minutes when, after a foul on Thomas, ex-Wycombe Wanderers pro Mo Harkin struck a lovely free kick past the outstretched arm of Bunting. Within a minute it was 2-1 to Egham as the impressive Stanislaus made the most of a mix up in the Rams defence to calmly stroke the ball home.

The experienced Egham side then played long passages of keep ball with SYCOB having to do all the chasing. Bunting made a good save from Thomas on 69 minutes whilst a minute later a rare Rams attack saw a header go well wide. Ten minutes later Omari Patrick and Aaron Berry linked up well to force a save out of Aulsberry and on 83 minutes Omari tried to chip the Sarnies keeper but his effort lacked both direction and power.

Throughout the second half Egham had also displayed some of the more 'physical' side of their play and incurred five yellow cards for their efforts. However on 90 minutes they also received a  straight red when Stanislaus was sent off for seemingly swearing at the referee.

And so after four hard earned points on the road the young Rams are yet to register one at Holloways Park .With a tough league game against Daventy Town and an awkward FA Cup tie against Didcot Town to come (sandwiched between a Bank Holiday trip to Chalfont St Peter) let's hope the situation can be rectified with immediate effect.

Come On You Rams!

SYCOB team:

1. Sam Bunting

2. Tom Gant

3. Jordan Chandler

4. Charlie Hill

5. Alex Murray

6. George Berkes

7. Lee Thompson (Sub: Omari Patrick)

8. Lee Togwell (Captain)

9. Aaron Berry

10. Ashley Kelynack (Sub: George Dawson-Clark)

11. Ollie Jones (Sub: Elliot Carey)


Subs Not Used:

12. Jed De Souza

15. William Harris

Attendance: 100 

There are no tags on this post.

Follow Beaconsfield Town FC