Sign up to our newsletter and stay up to date
with everything BeaconsfieldTown FC

Sign up to our newsletter

To find out about how we process your data, please read our privacy policy.




Beaconsfield's run in this seasons Berks & Bucks Senior Cup came to an end at a soggy Holloways Park as visitors Aylesbury came from behind to earn a place in the final. (The fact that both sides fielded full strength sides shows just how much esteem this competition is held in)

The Rams started strongly, playing a lot of good fast flowing football without making any real clear cut chances. Indeed the first real effort of note came on 15 minutes when The Moles Jeanmal Prosper put a header wide. Ex-Ram Brian Haule then forced a good save out of the returning Sam Bunting on 24 minutes and ten minutes later Haule sent a header over after a good cross from Lynton Goss.

Just as half time approached Aaron MInhas was fouled from behind on the edge of the Aylesbury box and The Rams had a free kick. Sam Deadfield stepped up and placed a fine strike past James Weatherhill to put the home side one up.

The second half was barely a minute old when Minhas broke through and his fine strike was met by an equally fine finger tip save from Weatherhill. However The Rams fortune changed on 50 minutes when Tris Campbell was adjudged to committed a two footed foul on (ex-Ram) Jon Montgomery and ref Kevin Howick should a (very harsh) red card.

Within fifteen minutes Aylesbury made the one man advantage count as the lively James Dobson sent a shot screaming past Bunting from the edge of the box, a fine strike to level the scores. Beaconsfield then had a great chance to regain the lead two minutes later when a cross from the right fell kindly for Callum Bunting but instead of blasting the ball he side footed a tame effort into the grateful arms of Weatherhill and the chance was gone.

Beaconsfield were made to rue that miss four minutes later when a Moles corner was met by an overhead kick by Grant Fryer and in turn by the head of Brian Haule to nod past Bunting.

Two minutes later it was two each as the busy Ash Artwell made a mazy run through the Aylesbury back line to shoot past Weatherhill. The end to end nature of the game showed two minutes later when Aston Goss ran unchecked down the left flank and managed to cut inside and fire a strong effort past Bunting. Lee Togwell then hit a volley just wide on 85 minutes whilst Aylesbury brought out a decent save from Bunting on 90 minutes.

The last of the silverware may have gone for this season but Beaconsfield should not be too downhearted. They still played some quality football and with a more clinical finish (and 11 players) could just as easily have won the game.

Credit also to the Beaconsfield backroom staff (and a Slough loanee!) for getting the ground prepared and playable despite the efforts of the weather.

Come On You Rams!

Beaconsfield Team:

1. Sam Bunting
2. Tom Gant
3. Andy Dean
4. Lee Togwell (Captain)
5. Alex Murray
6. Guri Demuria
7. Aaron Minhas 
8. Tristan Campbell
9. Ashleigh Artwell (Sub: Jordan Ford, 78
10. Sam Deadfield (Sub: Tope Fowudu, 78)
11. Callum Bunting (Sub: Aaron Berry, 78)

Sub Not used:
12. Sonnie Low

Attendance: 79

There are no tags on this post.

Follow Beaconsfield Town FC